Drop Off & Pick Up
Safety in our parking lots and the street is extremely important. Please follow these procedures to keep all of our students safe:
The perimeter of the parking lot is for drop-off and pick-up only. Please be considerate of the many parents who are trying to drop-off or pick-up their children by not lingering in the perimeter (especially during drop-off).
- Children should be ready to hop out of the car as soon as you pull up. If you need extra time to say your goodbyes in the morning, please stop along Gala Way to do this and then pull into the drop off loop.
- Always have children exit vehicles on the curb side (right side) of the car. This keeps them from opening doors and stepping into spaces where other cars are traveling.
- Never leave your car unattended in the perimeter.
- Stay in your car and move forward as others depart in front of you. These will leave space for others to pull in behind you. If you are entering the building, please find a parking space in the lot or along Gala Way to leave your vehicle.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up Procedures
- Supervision begins at 8:30. Please do not arrive before this time unless your child is eating school breakfast, which begins at 8:15 a.m. Supervision ends at 3:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 2:30 p.m. on Fridays. Please pick up children before this time.
- Buses will drop off and pick up students in the bus loop off of Brantingham Road. No cars are permitted in the bus loop.
- Cars dropping off and picking up students are asked to approach the school from the south on Gala Way.
- Turn right into the parking lot and drop students near the north curve of the loop.
- Turn right when leaving the lot.
- No left turns are permitted either into or out of the parking lot.
- Kindergarteners should gather in the kindergarten playground near the bus loop before school each day. They may be joined in the afternoon for pick-up by their older siblings at the school.
- First- and second-graders wait on the large playground on the east side of the school before each school day.
- Third-graders line up outside in front of the school (west side) before each school day.
- Fifth- and fourth-graders wait at the north doors before each school day.
- Adults accompanying their children should wait outside with them. If you plan to stay to help in the school, please re-enter the front doors and sign in as a visitor.
All "walkers" (except for kindergarten) will be dismissed out the front of the school, on the Gala Way side, at the end of each day.
Crossing Guards will be at the following locations before and after school:
- Orchard Elementary front parking lot
- Orchard Elementary front entrance and crosswalk
- Gala Way and Purple Sage St.
- Gala Way and Westcliffe Boulevard
- Bus loop intersection with Brantingham Road
- School access road intersection with Brantingham Road