Counseling & Mental Health
As Orchard Elementary School’s Counselor, my promise to students, families and staff is to:
Provide resources, information and direction on any concern, question or need...if you do not know where to begin, ask me!
Some examples of the support, education and direction I can provide:
- Guidance curriculum on children’s personal and social adjustment, presented individually, in groups, and in the classroom.
- Responsive services, such as consultation with parents, short-term individual counseling, and group counseling.
- Students learning how to understand self and others.
- Establishing and maintaining healthy relationships.
- Developing decision-making, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Connect with resources to meet the needs of their child and family.
An Elementary Counselor is an ESA (Education Staff Associate) certified person with a Master's Degree in Counseling.
I am also the Testing Coordinator for Orchard Elementary. If you have questions about testing, the Richland School District website has a wealth of information on their Assessment page (click HERE), or you may call me.
- Lisa Ulrich
Hello Orchard Owls! As your School Psychologist, I am committed to upholding the National Association of School Psychologists best practices when working with students, parents, staff and the entire school community. My professional goals include utilizing my expertise in mental health, learning, and behavior, to help children and youth succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally. I intend to partner with families, teachers, school administrators, and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments that strengthen connections between home, school, and the community. Some of the services that I will provide at Orchard include:
Practice That Permeates All Aspects of Service Delivery
- Data-Based Decision Making and Accountability
- Consultation and Collaboration
Direct and Indirect Services to Children, Families, and Schools: Student Level Services
- Interventions and Instructional Support to Develop Academic Skills
- Interventions and Mental Health Services to Develop Social and Life Skills
- School-Wide Practices to Promote Learning
- Preventive and Responsive Services
- Family-School Collaboration Services
- Comprehensive Behavioral Intervention supports
Foundations of School Psychological Service Delivery
- Diversity in Development and Learning
- Research and Program Evaluation
- Legal, Ethical, and Professional Practice
- Lisa Ancock