Counseling & Mental Health
As Orchard Elementary School’s Counselor, my promise to students, families and staff is to:
Provide resources, information and direction on any concern, question or need...if you do not know where to begin, ask me!
Some examples of the support, education and direction I can provide:
- Guidance curriculum on children’s personal and social adjustment, presented individually, in groups, and in the classroom.
- Responsive services, such as consultation with parents, short-term individual counseling, and group counseling.
- Students learning how to understand self and others.
- Establishing and maintaining healthy relationships.
- Developing decision-making, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Connect with resources to meet the needs of their child and family.
An Elementary Counselor is an ESA (Education Staff Associate) certified person with a Master's Degree in Counseling.
I am also the Testing Coordinator for Orchard Elementary. If you have questions about testing, the Richland School District website has a wealth of information on their Assessment page (click HERE), or you may call me.
As Orchard Elementary's School Psychologist, I am dedicated to upholding the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) Practice Model on how services are integrated to best meet the needs of students, families, and the school community.
- Data-Based Decision Making and Accountability
- Consultation and Collaboration
Direct and Indirect Services to Children, Families, and Schools: Student Level Services
- Interventions and Instructional Support to Develop Academic Skills
- Interventions and Mental Health Services to Develop Social and Life Skills
- School-Wide Practices to Promote Learning
- Preventive and Responsive Services
- Family-School Collaboration Services
Foundations of School Psychological Service Delivery
- Diversity in Development and Learning
- Research and Program Evaluation
- Legal, Ethical, and Professional Practice
Social Emotional Learning with Ms. Penor
The goal of this website is to give students, staff, and families additional resources for social emotional learning and to help enhance their self-awareness, social engagement, self-efficacy, social awareness, self-management, and decision making skills!