Counseling & Mental Health
As Orchard Elementary School’s Counselor, my promise to students, families and staff is to:
Provide resources, information and direction on any concern, question or need...if you do not know where to begin, ask me!
Some examples of the support, education and direction I can provide:
- Guidance curriculum on children’s personal and social adjustment, presented individually, in groups, and in the classroom.
- Responsive services, such as consultation with parents, short-term individual counseling, and group counseling.
- Students learning how to understand self and others.
- Establishing and maintaining healthy relationships.
- Developing decision-making, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Connect with resources to meet the needs of their child and family.
An Elementary Counselor is an ESA (Education Staff Associate) certified person with a Master's Degree in Counseling.
I am also the Testing Coordinator for Orchard Elementary. If you have questions about testing, the Richland School District website has a wealth of information on their Assessment page (click HERE), or you may call me.